Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Victory.

Today, I added another badge to my momma sash.

I took both children to the grocery store. I'll pause for congratulations and applause...

And it only took 11 weeks. I'm pretty sure Lila was 1 before I went by myself. HAHA WITH ONE CHILD! If I only knew.

As I was walking in, there was a young man ringing the bell for the Salvation Army and he said, "You have your hands full!" I proceeded to overshare (something I do regularly) and told him how this was my first time at the grocery store with both kids and Luke is 11 weeks old and can you believe I'm about to do this do you think I'll be ok in there I'm really nervous what should i get should i just get a couple of things or everything on my list ok here's some money ok here I go!"

::blank stare::.

Thankfully, the grocery store we went to had little carts for kids. Which is the cutest thing in the world.
If there was ever a time I wish I had a camera crew following us around to capture everything...it was today. At the grocery store. Lila was picking her own apples and carrots and throwing just about everything she could reach into the cart. It got so full and heavy that she was having to lunge to push it and her sweet face turned red. "I. Just. Can't. Push. It. Anymore. Mommy." Ha. I love her. She was running into any and everything and I was laughing hysterically. Other people looked at me kind of funny like, "Why are you laughing at your own kid like that? Get control!" But man, it was funny. And for the record, she did put back what she knocked down:)
It was a successful trip. And I felt very proud of myself and my sweet kids.

Proud of her tiny onion.


And as we walked out the door, I looked over at the young Salvation Army man and said, "We made it! I did it!"

"I see that ma'am."

Wait, ma'am? Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment