Thursday, December 27, 2012

House Update

It's been a while since I've done a house update and there has been a lot of progress! We are getting so excited and can't believe that we will be in our house in a couple of months. Our contractor says end of January, but we're thinking more like February or March. Hopefully. Some people say it will be longer than that but we don't listen to them;) 
Our shingles are completely done (except for the little piece over the study).
 They finished the rock on the exterior of the house and it looks awesome. 
They did such a good job...fit each individual piece by hand. 
They will now start putting rock along the bottom of the foundation.
A closer look.
The Hardie Board is almost finished. They still have to put it on the higher parts and side and back porch. They did the front porch today (which calls for Hardie Board cedar shakes) and I love it!
 Fireplace installed today!
Insulation passed inspection today!!! Which means the sheet rock will start Monday!
 Heat returns (you know you're glad I included these in the update).
 Our wall mounted ironing board (it's covered up by something but I couldn't leave him out).
 Bathtubs!
 And the beautiful moon shining bright over our dream house. 

1 comment: