Monday, December 31, 2012

Twenty Twelve.

Well. Here we are, the eve of 2013. This has always been one of those holidays that really gets to me emotionally. I know, I'm weird. But think about it...we're to look back and reflect on the past year. And look ahead to the new year and the new things it will bring. It's a lot. And sitting here tonight, looking back through all of our pictures of this past year is bittersweet. I look back at my girl who has grown so, so much. She started the year with shorter hair and shorter sentences. She still seemed so little. Babyish. And now, she's a big sister to our sweet Luke Andrew. She's talking and saying things it seems only a 10 year old should say. She's smart and funny and beautiful. And our son, he is growing and seems so different than when we met him in September. I can honestly say that I am obsessed with my children. To me, they are perfect. Even on the days when I wonder if I can handle being the mother of two children for one more minute. They are my everything. And I'm so thankful that I get to spend every day with them. 

This year has been hard. Really hard. Or perhaps challenging would be a better word. But it has been incredible too. And now that I'm sitting here looking back and reflecting, I must say that it has been more good than bad. No, it's been amazing. 

My children are growing. They are changing. It seems that our lives are on fast forward and I would like for someone to invent some sort of speed control. Because for the life of me...I just can't handle it. But another year has come and gone. And now we look to the future. The year of 2013, it will be filled with many more fun adventures and love and moving into our dream home. It will be sweet. It will be hard. It will be what it's meant to be. And as long as I have my little family beside me...I can ask for nothing more. To 2012, I am grateful for another year to live, love and grow with my family. 

January:
We found out we were adding to our family!

Trip to the Atlanta aquarium.

February:
Playing on the land where our house is being built.
One last Circle of Friends party at our house on Zeb Cline.
Packing. And playing in the boxes.

March:
We moved Lila to forward facing. 
We moved.
Moved in with Grammie and Poppie and spent every morning, afternoon and evening outside!
The beginnings of our house.

Lila turned 2!!!
And we celebrated at the Columbia zoo. 
With Lila's best friends:)

April:
Painted eggs.
Celebrated Easter.
Found out we were having a baby boy!!!

May:
Lila ate every cherry off of the tree.
And had her first pet, Shawday the caterpillar.
Celebrated Mother's Day.

June:
Father's Day.

Spent every evening playing at our new house.


July:
Lila fulfilled a dream of mine. Minature donkeys.
4th of July at the lake with cousins.
A day with Grant at the Discovery Kids in Huntersville.


August:
Pulled baby dolls in the wagon.
Swimming with cousins.
My sunshine. Every day.
 Became very interested in mushrooms.
 Sprinkled baby boy (who still didn't have a name).

 House framed.
Loved to swing "with the birdies!"

September:
Started getting ready to be a big sister!
 House was wrapped.
 Luke Andrew was born. And completed our family.
 Love at first sight.
 This little man was definitely the highlight of the year for us.
 First bath.

October:
Luke and Lila became best friends.

 First crooked smile.
 Lila rode her first pony.
 Annual trip to pumpkin patch.


 A princess pirate and her parrot on Halloween.


November:
First real smile. 
Shingles!

 Thanksgiving.

December:
Lila was in her first Christmas parade with Nana!
 Christmastown, USA.



 Christmas morning.

 Getting close!
 Spent the last day of 2012 with cousins at Nana and Pop's house.

 With cupcakes and party hats.
 And very, very loud noise makers:)

 Ringing in the New Year with blue tongues:)
Cheers to 2013. I will love as hard as I can. And laugh more than I cry. I will make more time for myself. And enjoy every second with my family. I will have party after party the minute we turn the key to our new house:) 

Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post and reflections. "Love as hard as I can." Maybe my favorite goal ever. Love you and your sweet family. Blessed to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing year your little family had! I hope 2013 is just as fabulous!

    ReplyDelete