Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lila's First Bite

We got the go ahead from Lila's doctor to start solids a month ago but we wanted to wait a little while longer to start. She turns 5 months old tomorrow (I know, unbelievable) so we thought it would be a good time this weekend. Plus, she's been reaching for our food every time we eat.

Here's she is waiting on daddy to make her food. She could hardly wait, so she started eating Miss Lambie's foot.


Daddy making the rice cereal. Which by the way, tastes like wallpaper paste. Truly.
It's gross.

Lila's very first bite of "solid" food. I don't know why they call it solids, it's clearly liquid.

"Um, I like my thumb better, mom."




Lila did really well and ate like a champ. She ate twice as much as the doctor and books said she would. What can I say? She didn't get these rolls and cheeks from being a picky eater.
This girl likes her food.

It's insane how proud I was of her for eating so well. I can't imagine how nuts I'll be when she scores her first soccer goal or gets her first A. I'm proud of my girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment