Friday, August 13, 2010

Flashback Friday

I found these pictures of Lila today on my computer. She was only a couple of weeks old in these pictures. So tiny. So sweet. I have already had to put away so many of her clothes that she no longer fits in. It's hard to believe that she ever fit into some of those outfits. They are all so tiny. I remember looking at the 3-6 months clothes and thinking they were so big and she would never fit into them. She's 4 months old now and is already outgrowing 6 months clothing. She's growing so fast. I know, I know...it happens. But I just can't believe how fast it's happening.

I miss her being this little. She would just cuddle up and lay on us all the time. Now she refuses to lay down and wants to sit and play and kick and go here and there and here and there. Don't get me wrong, I love watching her personality develop and seeing her do new things every day. It's fun and I can't wait until she crawls and walks and talks and understands. But I do miss the tiny, cuddly newborn Lila.

I mean, if she was still this little I wouldn't be crying every day and night about going back to work next week. I would still have months and months of nothing but Lila all day long. Which is what I love. Lila all day. All week. All the time.

We used to have to get up every 2 or 3 hours to feed Lila and she always had a hard time going back to sleep after the middle of the night feedings. One of us would have to stay up with Lila for hours until she was ready to go back to sleep...or eat again, whichever came first. I would always sit in the living room with Lila in the dark and watch car lights go by to help keep me awake. Needless to say, once daddy went to work for the day, Lila and I would get in the bed and take a little nap. When she was first born she would only sleep on her side. And it was so cute. I absolutely loved taking naps with her, even though I never really slept. I could never close my eyes because I was too enthralled with this beautiful creature breathing so softly next to me.

I can't believe Drew and I made this perfect little person. I thought I was in love then but it has only grown and intensified. I'm guessing that I will be bursting with love by the time she's grown. I already feel like my heart is going to explode on a daily basis.

Oh goodness, here come the tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment