Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tranquilizer

As we all know, especially me, Lila hasn't been sleeping that well lately. We're hoping it's part of the teething and won't last much longer. Like, really hoping.

I read a lot of blogs for mommy/baby advice and have seen that a lot of parents use this little seahorse guy from Target. We've named him Sal. Unlike Gary, the gloworm, he plays music for 5 minutes straight. I don't have to sit by the swing or bassinet and constantly press his tummy. His belly lights up and he plays the softest music, some are hymns.

I tested Sal out today for her afternoon nap. A nap we haven't been taking lately. I put him in the swing with her and 1 minute later she was rubbing her eyes.


And 3 minutes later...she was alseep. She slept for 2.5 hours.

Needless to say, I love Sal. He has tranquilizing abilities that I adore. And I'm afraid Gary has been replaced.

(I don't know why I refer to all of Lila's toys as boys and give them boy names. Drew has brought this to my attention and lets me know on a daily basis that he thinks it's weird. Sorry. But the names shall stand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment