Saturday, July 10, 2010

An Invisible String

There are times when Lila will be sitting with someone else and she'll look at me and smile. There are no words or noises exchanged. Just a smile.

There are times when we're riding in the car and Lila will look over at me and smile and I'll reach over and hold her tiny hand. There are no words or noises exchanged. Just a smile.

There are times when Lila is asleep in my arms and she'll wake up for a second to smile at me. There are no words or noises exchanged. Just a smile.

There is an invisible string that goes from my heart to Lila Jo's heart. I truly think she knows how I feel about her when we exchange these smiles. And as odd as it may seem...I feel like it's her way of saying, "I sure do love you mom. So much."

No comments:

Post a Comment