Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Letter.

My Dearest Sleep,
It seems as though our time together is coming to an end. It saddens me deeply and I wish there was something I could do to prevent our breakup. But the little mister is growing rapidly and I can no longer find any comfortable position to visit you. Plus, he moves constantly. Like, full on tumbles and rolls and somersaults. Most of his movement occurs at night, so I'm pretty sure that when he enters this world he's going to be awake. A lot. At night.

On top of the little mister's sleep interruptions, Lila Jo has decided that she would like to start waking up in the middle of the night again. Screaming. Yelling my name. Whatever it takes to get me in there. Thus, I retreat to her room to settle her and the slumber I could be in exists no more.

So beautiful sleep, I have loved and adored you since I was a teenager. Hopefully we will be able to meet again in a couple of years. I promise I'll try if you will.

Until then,
Jodi I'm So Tired All of the Time Powell

PS. Wouldn't it be nice if we could run away together before the littlest one arrives? Just for one night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment