Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ONE


On Tuesday, my baby that was just born yesterday turned one.

I took the day off of work to celebrate with my Lila Jo. We started the morning off right by sleeping in until 7:30 and then making birthday pancakes.
This was Lila's first taste of the buttery deliciousness that is a pancake. And of course she was quickly obsessed.
We danced and watched Sesame Street.

And had lunch with Nana.

Drew came home for the afternoon and we took Lila out to swing.
Then we attempted to take the last monthly pictures. Did you hear me? The.Last.Monthly.Pictures. I remember looking at all of the onesie number stickers when I got them pre-LJ and thinking, "oh this 12 month one is going to be so long from now...i'll just tuck it away." Ha. Boy did time prove me wrong.

Needless to say, 12 month pictures weren't so easy.





Our gift to Lila was this xylophone (she's obsessed with music), books (she's obsessed with books), and a hammer/ball thing (she's obsessed with balls and banging on things). She seemed impressed.
It's safe to say that it was one of the best days we've had in a while. Me and my girl. All day.

And as I was rocking her to sleep that night, whispering my usual "do you know how much i love you?" and "you're my everything" over and over. She reached up and put her hand on my face and rubbed my arm with her other hand. Something tells me that she knows.

This has been quite a year. Quite a spectacular one.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh....that sounds like the greatest day ever. Love all of her outfits! I can't believe she's one! Congrats on mommyhood for a year as well. There are lots of rites of passage for you too.

    ReplyDelete